Westmount Day Nursery is part of the Parish of St Helier. The Connétable (or Constable) is head of the Parish and has overall responsibility for the Nursery, including for data protection. The Parish is a controller and processor of personal data and is registered with the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner.
Terms such as ‘personal data’, ‘data controller’ and others in this Privacy Notice are defined by Article 1 of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL), which can be viewed here: https://www.jerseylaw.je/dpjl.
By ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’, we mean the Parish of St Helier. By ‘you’ and ‘your’, we mean any individual parishioner, supplier or other third party – collectively being “data subjects” who visit us, access our website and social media, or otherwise interacts with us.
OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The DPJL requires data controllers to process data lawfully, fairly and transparently, and in order to meet these requirements we must give detailed and specific privacy information to data subjects, as follows:
- We are required by law to collect certain personal data and other information, either directly from you or from other individuals or organisations, in order to perform our statutory obligations in respect of the services we provide.
- We will also request other information from you if you wish us to make special arrangements for your child, e.g. in respect of their diet, allergies, intolerances, medication, education, or other needs to support their development and overall well-being. If you have any concerns about what this information is used for or who it is shared with please refer to the privacy language on the form that you will be asked to use or ask us for more information.
Please refer to the Appendix to this Privacy Notice, where we set out the following:
- The purpose your personal data is used for;
- The categories of personal data we may collect;
- Other organisations (third parties) who may provide your personal data to us;
- The lawful basis for our processing your personal data;
- Who we may share your personal data with;
- Whether we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA);
- Whether the provision of your personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement; and
- The period for which your personal data will be retained.
We recognise that, for some purposes, we are required by law to collect a great deal of information, e.g. to care for the children attending the Nursery or if we are helping to engage support services provided by other Government agencies. If you would like more details of the personal data we process for a particular purpose, or if you are not happy with our processing of your personal data, please contact us – details below.
You have the following rights regarding our processing of your personal data:
- To access personal data we hold about you, your child and to be provided with details regarding the purpose for which it is held, the categories of information held, who we might share it with, the period it is held and, where it has not been collected directly from you, the source of the information;
- To rectify any inaccurate data we hold about you or your child;
- To erasure of your own and your child’s personal data, in certain limited circumstances;
- To restrict our processing of your own and your child’s personal data, in certain circumstances;
- In certain circumstances, to have your personal data or that of your child provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and, where feasible, to have that data transmitted to another controller;
- To object to processing to perform a public function or one that is based on legitimate interests, except where there are compelling reasons for us to continue, e.g. in the public interest;
- To object to processing for purposes of direct marketing. Please note that we do not use your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- To object to processing solely for historical or scientific purposes;
- Not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing that produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects you. Please note that we do not process your personal data in this way;
- To complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner by telephone: +44 (0)1534 716530, by email: [email protected], or by post: Office of the Information Commissioner, 2nd Floor, 5 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3BT.
Please also note:
- The Parish is a competent authority and is permitted to process personal data (including criminal record data) for law enforcement purposes. Where this is the case, your rights are modified by Schedule 1 of the DPJL. Please contact us if you would like more information about this;
- If we rely on consent as the lawful basis for our processing of your personal data, or that of your child, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us. We may be unable to provide a service if you exercise this right.
Westmount Day Nursery, Westmount Road, St Helier, JE2 3LP. Tel: +44 (1534) 811718, Email:[email protected]
Data Protection Officer: Alison Roberts, Town Hall, York Street, St Helier, JE4 8PA.
Tel: +44 (1534) 811880, Email: [email protected].
We will review this Privacy Notice periodically and will post updates on our website.